Labels

 

Monday, January 16, 2006

Walking in life with God

I have just finished reading today's devotional in streams in the desert. It's about picturing God as a living God. It dawned on me how real Jesus is. How God never fails me.
The devotional quotes George Muller in saying, "In the greatest difficulties, in the heaviest trials, in the deepest poverty and necessities, He has never failed me; but because I was enabled by His grace to trust Him He has always appeared for my help. I delight in speaking well of His Name.".


The first part moved me. It spoke of my reality. The second part, he talking about God's grace, made me realize that Jesus is doing the same thing to me. That I wish to have the same delight in speaking about Him is what He wants me to do along with trusting in His Will (i'm a control freak, btw).


The devotional also quotes C.G. Trumbull, "Christ was the home of his thoughts. Whenever his mind was free from other matters it would turn to Christ; and he would talk aloud to Christ when he was alone-- on the street, anywhere-as easily and naturally as to a human friend."


I love Him. And that's how this devotional touched me. As C. mentioned, I recognized the same feeling of peace whenever my thoughts turn to Christ. To always say "I love you" as my simple prayer calms me. It's like walking along with a loved one, enjoying each company, looking up to him and then saying a simple phrase like "I love you".


Before I would look for all possible words to move myself to prayer, just as what we do when people call us out to lead one for the whole group. I realized then that during these silent times, it was just me and God. No other people. Just us. And because of that, words don't matter, nothing else does.


"So real to him was Jesus' actual presence."

No comments: