Labels

 

Sunday, February 11, 2007

Walking on Water, Walking by Faith

Peter said to him in reply, "Lord, if it is you,
command me to come to you on the water."
He said, "Come." Peter got out of
the boat and began to walk on the water toward Jesus.
But when he saw how
(strong) the wind was he became frightened; and, beginning to sink, he cried
out, "Lord, save me!"
Immediately Jesus stretched out his hand and caught
him, and said to him, "O you of little faith, why did you doubt?"
Matthew 14: 28 - 31

What does it mean when He says walk by Faith? I thought before it was to held on to God until there's no more obstacles in the way.

But now, he showed me another perspective. That to walk by faith means to take the step inspite of the obstacles. To walk on and not wait for the obstacles to be removed.

A strange thing happened to me one night, first week of feb, during my prayer time. God has promised me a date in Feb 14. What's the obstacle? I don't have anyone.

I thought, "This would be possible God, if I know somebody who wants to date me."

I thought, "I'll believe only if there's one I know who'll show interest."

I thought, "I'll believe, but even if it's not true, I won't set myself up to disappointment."

But God said, "Believe... even if there's no one in sight."

Wow.

And then all the doubts and uncertainties came to mind.

Was it hilarious?

Was it borderline fantastical? (Is that even a word?)

The Lord answered again. This time during our household sharing.

Uncertainty is one of your biggest enemy in walking by faith.

The reality of all realities is that we welcome uncertainty, believing that we're setting up ourselves to failure, then disappointment.

"But Lord", I prayed, "I just don't want false hope, and then be angry that you did not give me Your Promise even if I chose to believe it?"

And then the Lord revealed His true intention.

Isn't it more rewarding to believe in God, then it doesn't happen, yet we have showed Him that we believed him out of love?

It's like when daddy promised to bring you a toy when he comes back from work, and you believed he'll show up with that toy, but at the end of the day, he came back with nothing because he just lost his job.

Still you look up to him and say, "It's alright daddy... I know you did your best." Then you kiss him lightly on his cheek, because you love the guy the best, out of all the toys you can get.

That's enough, right?

That's what God has been asking me. And yes Lord, inspite of the unaswered prayers, I walk by faith, because I love you Father and I know someday you'll get the job right.

So I'll be walking by faith as He asks me. Head on.

I'll be preparing my dress.

And we'll have this theme song -> StickWithU by PussyCat Dolls.

I'll be taking God by His Word, and I know I'll be able to walk on water.

Thank you Holy Spirit
.

No comments: