Labels

 

Saturday, October 13, 2012

3 Quick Fix for Stress


 Some would go to a tranquil place...
Some would go to a bar...
Some just sleep...
I always go for a food trip.

A trip in Balestier Bak Kut Teh in Ion Mall is top on my list. I pair up a spare rib soup with lime juice but it will not be complete with that dark sweet and spicy soya. How to eat:
1) Slurp the soup
2) Grab a piece of the rib
3) Dunk in the spicy, sweet soya
4) Eat
5) Drink Lime
6) Repeat 'til you run out of the ribs.

On a very bad day, I would add rice and boiled peanuts with my order. The soup though is really enough to calm you down.


I do sometimes ran out of room for the pork ribs, so a great alternative for me is BonChon chicken. Previously a secret to the world, I guess the long lines in Ion Mall has confirmed the revelation. I do always go for the drumsticks since I hate wings. And then I go with the hot sauce because its fun to get a hot and crunchy bite. Lastly, I need soda. No juices. Its not fair to the chicken.


When all is done and I still want some pick-me-ups, I go to the Candylicious shop in Takashimaya and pick up my favorite Hershey dark chocolate, the extra something-something mints and most of all the sparx popping candy. Of all three, it's the popping candy that wakes the little kid in me. Once the candies are popping in my mouth, it takes me back to my childhood, when days are spent with a trip to the sari-sari store and have a pick of candies in the jar. Just for a moment, I can see myself looking at those jars, making a simple decision of choosing that popping candy and be amazed of how little fireworks seem to pop in my mouth.

No comments: