Labels

 

Monday, December 03, 2007

Walker's Song

Time to let go
Of strings that bound
When I come to terms with this.
I'll come back to see you again.
Maybe just to catch a glimpse.
But for now they tell me to say goodbye.
And I realized Mr Bojangles is right
As he danced my way he told me
I hold on to the logic I know are just excuses
Because the truth is harder than it seems to be.
For me.

(And) you know what I want
But I know what you need
You just didn't see
You could have had me
Positively clueless
And they say I even deserve someone better.
I just knew you were enough.
I just knew you were enough.

There's the ship waiting for me
Only I worry about you
On that road you're taking.
I'm holding your hand
You were with me for a while
But now I know I'm alone in this
and I'm holding you too tight , Hold Away Jack
You're already looking away
Ready to take that journey
And sadly I can't go with you
I have my own journey to take too
So slowly I'm learning to let go.

took all the steps
still you lost a good thing here
will you realize it
I'd like to believe I'll be there forever
I still like to believe it.
My sweetest fallacy.

No comments: