Labels

 

Sunday, February 26, 2006

Making Pillows Part 1

details here: http://magazines.ivillage.com/redbook/print/0,,289455,00.html

I stumbled into an article in IVillage regarding simplifying life last month. I've written some thoughts on it previously but the diary-x site (my previous journal site) suffered a server mishap last week, damaging all diaries. Unfortunately I didn't keep copies of my entries.

I based my new year's resolutions on these articles. So no excuses.
This year's current theme is to simplify my life. To keep a record I'm keeping a rundown list of the things they mentioned in the article and, well, some plan on my end on how to fit each habit in my life...

1. Embrace your insignificance

No matter what I do, people will always have a single definition of who and what I am. It's due to an unconscious trait common to human, to put everything and everyone in a box. It's not everyday that I need to explain myself, or prove my own point. I need to choose my battles and accept myself first before anybody can accept me.

Tough. :).

2. Let go

eeerrr... see point 1.

3. Do nothing -- alone

I would always plan my whole day, weekday or not, from 7am to 7pm. I let go by nightfall but only because the rest of the time serves as my funnel for the other things I planned earlier that needed more time to accomplish.

And so now, there's going to be more spontaneity ...

on a weekend...

between friday night and saturday afternoon...

6pm to 12noon...

hehe.

4. Do nothing -- with your family

Watch eat bulaga over the net with the family back home every Saturday. A for Ai-ffort!

5. Follow the money trail

Install the Budget/Accounting software. Jot down expenses. And torture self for not buying that Charles & Keith sandals.

6. Keep an old quilt in the car trunk

My version of this is to take the bus rather than the subway. Take the seat in the front, play Cueshe or Hale in my mp3 player and watch the sun set on my way home.

Aaaah. Life's a box of chocolate.

7. Buy no colored socks

I bought Le chic jeans, all stretched and blue.

It's all about comfort.

8. Eat the feast in your refrigerator

Picture Jewel in the Palace... everything's quite nice except that it's inhumanly possible for me to resist the temptation of a delicious taho or Arnold's fried chicken once in a while. Life doesn't become simpler when all you can think about is food.

9. Practice gratitude

"I am my own." And I'm thankful to realize it now. Most of the times I share with my friends now are truly amazing. I never had so much fun in life. And just for that, I'm truly grateful to God everyday. When I grow old and grey, and all I have is the rest of the time in my life, just being able to remember these times will be enough to make me utter an almost eternal gratitude.

10. Grow things

I'll be growing my blog. And myself by learning arts, history and music. And asking music to love me too :).

11. Express beauty

One word. Bake.

12. Pretend you have just three friends

Toughest one. For now I have decided to narrow it down to the closest in my circle. I'm also tired of reaching out, expecting too much and then being frustrated in the end.

I love people. I've always believed that you can never truly experience everything in this world. The only other way is to know other people, experience what life brings through them.

Yet after all, I need to be sane.

13. Spoil your husband

eeerrr... how about spoiling myself?

14. Paint one room

I can't paint the room since I'm not allowed to ;P, but i started out by imagining myself one nice afternoon, having tea and watching the telly on one side of my room...
and then the rings started to move outwards....

15. Make pillows

Each day is a pillow. They're all so huggable. :)

No comments: